Als ich angekommen bin, hatte ich mich in meiner ersten Unterkunft erstmal ausgestreckt und bin anschliessend zum ALDI gelaufen, waren nur 400 m und ich wollte unbedingt die deutsche Schokolade und Bockwurst im Glass. Lecker! Das war dann mein Abendbrot.
Last week I went to Melbourne for our annual safety conference with the Australian safety team. It was nice meeting the colleagues from across the ditch. I arrived 2 days earlier to explore Melbourne and wanted to spend some time there including ALDI and IKEA. It reminds me a bit of my hometown.
I arrived at the first accomodation and had to stretch out after a long flight and getting sick. It was a very nice room for a good price. It was only 400m walking distance from the hostel, so I bought my favourite German chocolates and sausage in the jar.
![]() |
| Leaving New Zealand - Flug von Neuseeland nach Australien |

Angekommen in Melbourne
Nach einer kurzen Ankunftspause im Hostel bin ich dann mal schoen zum ALDI
Nach einer kurzen Ankunftspause im Hostel bin ich dann mal schoen zum ALDI
***
Arrival in Melbourne, after a short relaxing time in the beautiful hostel I went to ALDI supermarket, only a short 5 mins walk
Den Tag spaeter bin ich dann den ganzen Tag mit der Strassenbahn herumgefahren. Leider hatte es den ganzen Tag geregnet, also war nicht viel mit draussen. Bin dann zum IKEA gegangen. Wie schoen!!! Bin dann mit ner Menge Bettzeug und Taschen gekauft.
***
The day after I took the tram into various directions as it was a pretty wet and rainy day. I ended up at the IKEA to buy manchester, sheets and bags.
The day after I took the tram into various directions as it was a pretty wet and rainy day. I ended up at the IKEA to buy manchester, sheets and bags.
![]() |
| Tolle IKEA sachen, Hurraaaa! I love my IKEA stuff... yay! |
Then I went for a city walk to the tram station. Just about 10 mins away.
Ich bin dann die Stadt erkunden gegangen und von dort aus mit der Strassenbahn den ganzen Tag in verschiedene Richtungen gefahren. War ein toller Tag trotz Regenwetter.
31.7.2016 Ich bin dann umgezogen in das neue Hotel, welches fuer die Geschaftsreise gebucht war.
Hier hatte ich meine Kollegen fuer unsere jaehrliche Sicherheitskonferenz getroffen, dann ging es anschliessend in unsere Service Centers.
***
I moved to the new hotel which was booked for the business conference where I met my safety team.
Later we went to the Service Centres and on day 3 our team went to the afternoon activity.
This was our last day when we went out to our afternoon activity: GPS Navigation like a treasure hunt with technology. We had to solve some puzzles and quizzes to get to the next stage.
***
Dies war der letzte Tag als wir mit den Kollegen unsere Tour gemacht hatten. Es ging rund um Melbourne mit einer GPS-Schatzsuche, bei der es verschiedene Puzzles und Quizze geloest werden mussten. Es war ein gelungener Tag bevor wir alle wieder abgereist waren.
Our team went out to a greek restaurant. Man, that was very yummy and so much meat. Delicious!
Rueckreise zurueck nach Neuseeland - Flight back to New Zealand
![]() |
| Ich hatte das Glueck, dass ich den Sitz beim Notausgang bekommen hatte. Beinfreiheit!! *** I was lucky that I was able to reserve the emergency seat with extra room for legs!!! |
![]() |
| Leaving Melbourne |

































Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen