Flug um 06:00 morgens, early flight
Christchurch
Tag/Day 1
Es wurde langsam Tageslicht und als ich ankam erst einmal frühstücken!
Slowly some daylight in sight and I def. needed a breakfast after arrival!
Yummy pouched eggs on chiabatta with salmon
Leckere Eier im Mantel auf Ciabatta Brot mit Lachs
Das Amalfi Motel
Gemütlich eingerichtet und bequem
this Hotel was super comfy and the owners very friendly
Ein Whirlpool Bad!
Auf jeden Fall!
Oh, definitely a spa bath later on for sure that! (and then a cold shower as usual afterwards)
Aber dazu kommen wir später, erstmal geht es zum Strand Wassertemperatur testen. Morgen treffe ich mich mit einer Schwimmerin nach der Arbeit. Wird etwas kühler werden als die Auckland Temperaturen das steht fest.
+++
But the spa bath later, now I want to get out and test the water temperature here in the area, much colder is to be expected and tomorrow I will meet a swimmer from the Canterbury Open Water Group. We will meet after work and she knows a good swim spot.
Brighton Beach
Scharfer kalter Wind, ich war halb im Wasser. Sehr kalter Wind und ich hab nix zum wechseln dabei ..
I went to the Brighton beach but it was a very sharp cold almost icy wind. A shame that the adjacent salt water hot pools were already fully booked for the days I am here.
Also, nach dem Abendessen ins Spa Bad
So, not hot pools with view, we have spa bath with tiles view at the accommodation place instead.
Then Beer and SkyTV
Dann Bier 🍺 und SkyTV (wie Premiere)
:)
Tomorrow I will write how the cold swim was here in winter.
Morgen schreibe ich mehr wie das Schwimmen im Wintermeer war
***
Christchurch
Tag/Day 2
Nach der Arbeit hatte ich mich mit einer örtlichen Schwimmerin getroffen und wir waren zusammen bei 9 Grad Wassertemperatur zusammen in der Cass Bay.
+++
After work I met Helen so we arranged to swim together in this more sheltered Cass Bay, Water temp at 9 degrees, nur Badeanzug muss genug sein.
Kalt war es anschließend, aber meine nette Mitschwimmerin hat mir sogar Wärmflasche und heißen Kakao für hinterher mitgebracht. Ich freue mich schon sehr drauf wenn sie wieder nach Auckland kommt.
+++
A little cold afterwards but not too bad as Helen brought me a hot water bottle and even a hot chocolate! I will definitely return the favor when she comes to Auckland next time. I am looking forward to it.
***
Dunedin
Tag/Day 3
Wieder ein früher Flug und ein Besuch der Betriebsstätte. Es gibt viel zu tun!
Another very early flight with operational site visit. Lots to do!
Ich hatte einen späteren Rückflug um 19.20h und leider war nix mit lecker Lammkeule im City Center wie geplant. Es war einfach nervig ohne irgendwelche Parkplätze bei strömenden Regen und 8 Grad sich durch den dichten Verkehr zu quetschen.. bin dann zum Flughafen gefahren und hab dort n Wrap mit Salat gegessen. Fertig
Dann nach 21 Uhr am Auckland Flughafen endlich wieder angekommen wurden mein erstes Uber taxi einfach gecancelt... Das zweite dann dauerte etwas aber gegen 22.00 Uhr war ich dann endlich totmüde wieder im eigenen Reich und konnte nicht schlafen....
Gute Nacht!
+++
I had a late return flight at 7.20PM and unfortunately no lamb shanks in the Irish Pub I was planning to go to as there was ABSOLUTELY not parking in the city centre and no fun at 8 degrees pissing down rain trying to go around and around without success but nothing than traffic and queues of cars everywhere.. so I decided to screw it and drove to the Airport and had a sweet chili wrap and salad there. Done.
Finally at 9pm I arrived back at the Auckland Airport, just to be cancelled from my booked Uber Taxi. Arsehole I thought.. got angry and wanted to get home. So luckily the next Taxi was interested to bring me home at 10pm. I was so tired that I could not get any sleep..
Good night!
:)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen